On Air Now

Jacob Leblanc

10:00pm - Midnight

Conklin man charged after body found under burnt trailer

A Conklin resident has been arrested and charged with indignity to human remains after the body of another man was discovered in the remains of a travel trailer.

On April 8, 2019, emergency workers were called to a trailer in Conklin that was parked down a remote pathway and had burned down. As an investigation into the cause of the fire began, emergency workers discovered the remains of a person in the ruins of the trailer.

 

On April 19, 2019, Wood Buffalo RCMP said an autopsy had confirmed William George Tremblay, 54, of Conklin was the victim. Police said they were treating the cause of the fire and the death as suspicious.

 

On Sept. 21, Wood Buffalo RCMP confirmed that Ryan Waylon Tremblay, 37, of Conklin had been arrested on Sept. 16. He has been charged with indignity to human remains. Ryan is scheduled to appear in Fort McMurray Provincial Court on Oct. 3.

 

Shortly after William’s identity was confirmed in an autopsy, Ryan was also arrested on outstanding warrants for charges linked to alleged assault, breaching probation, and failure to comply with conditions.

More from Edmonton News